Pancake recipe adapted from Betty Crocker’s Cookbook
published by Golden Press, NY
Blueberry syrup recipe courtesy of Forest Manor Inn, Bed and Breakfast
When the price of blueberries dropped and Danielle invited friends over to spend the night, I knew it was the perfect time to break out an old classic…blueberry pancakes. I made these using my favorite pancake recipe, which is also featured on here in Granola Pancakes with Bananas. Enjoy!
Blueberry Pancake Ingredients
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Blueberry Pancake Directions
1. Beat egg until fluffy.
2. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.
3. Pour batter on hot griddle (350-375°F.), immediately drop blueberries on batter…be generous. Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes, flip and cook for about 1 minute more.
4. Serve hot with warm blueberry syrup (recipe to follow) and additional berries.
Blueberry Syrup Ingredients
2 cups (1 pint) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup pure maple syrup ( I used what we had here, which was Mrs. Butterworth’s, it was fine)
2 Tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Blueberry Syrup Directions
1. In a saucepan, cook berries and maple syrup over moderate heat until berries have burst and released their juices, about 3 minutes ( it took mine about 5 minutes).
2. Pour syrup through a sieve into a heat-proof pitcher, pressing the solids.
3. Stir in lemon juice. Serve warm over pancakes or waffles. Refrigerate leftovers and heat before re-using.